Wow – what an amazing thing that technology is. I may be slow to adapt compared to some, and light years ahead compared to others. Today I found an application for my phone that puts the Bible on my phone – immediate access at my fingertips! I know many people with iPhones/ smart phones have had that for quite some time. I have a Palm Pre and honestly just had time to monkey around with the applications until now – so let me have my AHA! moment despite the fact it is far from new (I know this). So I of course downloaded it. Cool I thought – I no longer have to always carry a hard copy with me as I have it right on my phone. So I pulled up my current place of reading, Ephesians Chapter 4 to read. Before I started reading I decided to see what other “options” came along with this download. Let me go back and mention that I had just made a mental memo to type out the basics of God’s plan for our lives & the Biblical references into my phone so I had them quick at hand if needed. I have many of them memorized but not all. Would you know, they have a “God’s plan of salvation” section included!!! I felt compelled to share it here. I cannot take credit for putting it together but here it is. Good stuff to know/good verses reference to have!
- God wants us to experience eternal peace and life
- Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- We are all sinners
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
- Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
- Christ died for us so that we might live
- 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ
- 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit
- Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us
- The only way to heaven is through acceptance of this gift
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace we have been saved through faith, not by yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast
- John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
- Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Christ from the dead, you will be saved
- What do you do with the information if you this is new to you? It’s up to you!
- Rev 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me.
- Do you know where you would go today if you died? You can know for sure right now!
- 1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
EXAMPLE PRAYER: “Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that you love me and want to save me. Jesus, I believe you are the son of God, who died on the cross to pay for my sins. I believe God raised you from the dead. I now turn from my sin, and by faith, receive you as my personal Lord and Savior. Come into my heart, forgive my sins, and save me Lord Jesus. In your name I pray – Amen.
If you have any questions about the above information please ask. You know the timing of this information was perfect. On October 31 I go to Jamaica on a medical missions trip for a week. We will be going and providing medical care to women and juvenile prison inmates. People have asked me – why aren’t you going to feed hungry children, why aren’t you helping battered women, why aren’t you staying here in the United States – isn’t there enough need in your own back yard? The answer to those questions is yes- those are needs, yes there are tons of people who need medical care! I have done things that provide medical care to those people groups in the past. But you now what – the importance is not only with a person’s physical health but with their spiritual health and the condition of their soul. The above information is something we will share with each person we provide medical care to. Medicines are temporary and some medical conditions don’t have a cure. But I know the Great Physician and He can reach people, sometimes when they are at the end of their rope, when they have no hope, when they are devastated and hurting, and when they feel that there is no future for them. People in prison definitely fit into some or many of those categories. I will be using this blog to give updates on the trip while I am there. Tune in...
No comments:
Post a Comment